Friday, April 29, 2016

The Hollerinth Affair - Revisited

Reread... reread... reread....

I found a couple structural errors.  Or perhaps they could be called grammatical errors. The first was a quotation mark.  I forgot to end a couple sentences properly.  Dropped the quotes.

There were another couple of 'errors' that made a few sentences read oddly.  The 'odd' bit was if you read straight through a section, they made perfect sense.

However, if you stopped at a paragraph that appeared to be a good subject change area to stop, went away for the day, came back and tried to start reading again, it was a little... awkward how it 'restarted'.  I found three such places.

So... those things fixed and the story now having gone through at least a half dozen rereads with fewer and fewer changes, I feel better about it.

I will say, however, there is one more thing that I can add to the things that I've learned and would like to pass on to any other writers that happen across this page....

Reread... reread... reread.

No comments:

Post a Comment